Turn that gift you’re not sure you need into needed funding to help the children of Appalachia!
Sell unneeded presents on eBay Giving Works and donate a portion or the entire final sale price to us. It’s giving back without giving it back.
Here’s how to start!!
1) Register as an eBay seller http://ebay.com. If you are registered already, log into your eBay account and click “Sell.”
2) Look for the “Donate a percentage of sale” field in the Sell Your Item form (It’s in the “How you’re selling” area. If you don’t see it, click on the “Customize Form-Format” link and select “Donate percentage of sale”).
3) Choose “Select a new nonprofit.”
4) On the next page that appears, type “Americans Helping Americans.”
5) When “Americans Helping Americans” appears, click “Select.”
6) Choose a percentage you wish to donate to us.
7) If this is your first eBay Giving Works listing, you will be prompted to create a MissionFish account (the nonprofit that powers eBay Giving Works).
It’s as simple as that! If your item sells, our organization will receive the percentage you selected to donate or $5 (that’s the minimum donation amount per listing that sells), whichever is greater. You’ll get a fee credit for the Final Value and Insertion fees equal to the percentage you donated.
Once you get going you will find that folks may bid higher knowing that a percentage of their final bid goes to charity. So, it’s a great marketing tool, too! Everyone is a winner: you are able to support your favorite charity, Americans Helping Americans; get rid of unwanted items in your home; market your stuff; even make some money and receive a receipt of your donation for tax purposes. It’s great!
Have questions? Please visit http://givingworks.ebay.com/sell/ to learn more.